Monday 6 February 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Tattoo Rose Design

I followed a tutorial I found in 'Tattoo Ideas' (Vinco, D. 2012) It describes and shows how to draw in a traditional style. It explains how to deconstruct the rose into simple elements first. Start with a circle, add the banner. It was good for me to practice with this style, but I feel that it is not a strong point of mine. I am not happy with merely following others instructions on how to design something, but I do appreciate what it taught me about tattoo design. keep it simple, bold strong lines. I could probably improve on this, and draw it with more care, but my own style is slightly messy, this is why I'm going to put tattoo designing down for a while, I will be doing it in my own time. I want to focus more on my own illustration and the power of lines that can be created.

I appreciate the art of tattooing and I thank Steve for all the chats about drawings and for taking me behind the scenes at the studio and showing me how some of the machines work. I will pick this up at a later date.

This also stands for a fact that practice does not make perfect. I tried out some different types of pen, the thick one is awful. I won't be using a thick pen like that again on this scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment