Tuesday 31 January 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Cat Study.

I've decided to look into the phenomenology of cats on the internet, it's something I've had an interest in. I'm a huge fan of the Cheez Burger peeps, who created 'lolcats'. Its inspired me to draw cats probably instinctively because I really like cats, and the popularity of them at the moment. In pop culture, there are internet memes, such as Nyan cat, and the Songify Thisversion of 'Cant Hug Every Cat' that has been ever so popular on the internet. It's really got people talking about how much they love their cats, and has made it almost 'cool' to like cats, in a nerdy around about way. 


So taking this in mind, I have chosen to experiment with some ways of drawing cats, I just used a pad of paper and a pencil, and just drew as many cats faces as I could fit on the page. I tried to make each one different, it was an exercise in creativity and adding personality, as well as trying to find out new styles to draw in.




Nyan Cat
Classic Example of 'lolcat'




No comments:

Post a Comment