Tuesday 31 January 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Progressing with my drawings








Now that I have remembered how to draw, my life is becoming easier, it was literally a moment, (while drawing the biro squirrel) that something just clicked, and it came back to me. I did most of these drawings in pencil first, then after I decided on what I was drawing, and how it was sitting, I drew over it in biro, and then coloured in with pencil crayon. I thought this simple task of drawing cartoon like animals would help me to break the cycle of not being able to draw, and it has. By cutting it back to childlike stages I have managed to rediscover a hidden talent. Some are a bit off and nothing I ever create will ever be perfect. (I believe in beauty through imperfection) but they aren't as bad as when I started. 


Also as a warm up exercise, I played chalk board with my 18-Month old niece, we sat on the floor, and I tried to show her how to draw simple shapes and objects.  She wasn't quite old enough, but my feelings were spared when I drew a cat, and she screamed 'catttttt' at me. Getting her in training to be on my Pictionary team already. We also sat another day and played with her crayons, I drew some owls, cats, and a girl, and allowed her to colour them in. She enjoyed it so much she broke the paper. Even though I have no images to keep, I feel like it was a good exercise she learnt from it and it helped me to draw fast and simple images.

No comments:

Post a Comment