Tuesday 31 January 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Pen testing

Not the most exciting blog post, but this is important, so far I've been drawing with a standard pencil, and a black biro. I feel like I should take some steps towards some more professional media, and see if I will get any  better results.


I wrote the name of the pen, and drew a simple daisy flower, I then rated them out of ten, they range in price from 10p to £7 per pen, and I think it shows that it doesn't really matter what you use, it's still the image that makes it a good picture. I will probably experiment with using these different pens over my next few illustrations. I intend to use a mix of line sizes as I feel it will give me a more professional and artistic edge. I will still however continue to doodle in biro, but as an experiment I will no longer make illustrations with the humble biro. I intend to try out with black ink as my next experiment, this could get messy.


No comments:

Post a Comment