Tuesday 31 January 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Designing exhibition promotional material

I volunteered to create the postcard for the exhibition we are having. I thought it would be a good excuse to make me create a finished drawing. I decided to choose an image of a cat sat on its bum with a ball of messy yarn. I drew it in pencil first, then went over it with a 0.5mm pen, I then added details like the fur with 0.3mm and 0.1mm pens. This definitely helped my drawing to flourish. I wanted to keep it in the 'kawaii' style that I like but to add my own twist and my own style to it. I wanted it to be an image that is appealing and interesting. I want people to wonder why there's a cat, and to come along. 


I drew out a pen version, and then scanned it in to the computer. I used Photoshop cs5 to edit the image to make it bolder and I changed and straightened the text, and added other text. Having a degree in Photography came in useful when using Photoshop to change my drawings and I will remember this for the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment