Monday 6 February 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Tattoo Designing

I wanted to give tattoo designing a chance, I see it as illustration for a purpose. I have been talking to Steve, who is a tattoo artist in Chard, where I am from. He has expressed an interest in using some of my designs on his studio. I need to create  mix of perfected designs, that are unique. This will take me a long time (much longer than this project) so I feel that I am going to take this on in my spare time, as a way of earning a bit of extra cash. I need to produce 2 or 3 sheets of A3 full of to scale designs. I want to design like Jenny Clarkes more feminine designs, with flowers and decorative scrolls and curls. I would also like to work on designing some 'old school' sailor tattoos with a bit of a twist, but again this is something, due to time limitations, something I would only like to touch upon for this project. I want to give it its own undivided attention, rather than doing it as part of a project, but it has been excellent to research and study up on how tattoos are made and how they developed.

This post is about how I told my friend Helen, that I was doing illustration at university now, and she said that she didn't realise I could draw, and that she's like me to design her a tattoo that matches in with one she already has. She already has a tattoo on her ankle of a fuchsia flower, a leaf and some black spiralled lines, it is not very big, and its simple but effective.
 
She wants something on her back, to one side at the bottom, on that fleshy part just under the ribs. I took a site plan template from her, letting me see how much space she was going to allow me to play with. It was a reasonable amount of space, so I did what I thought she would like. Here are my designs:




No comments:

Post a Comment