Tuesday 7 February 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Card Making

I was sat looking at my display of images, and thought, I could take this a step further.

I decided I was going to craft some cards. I've not had much experience creating cards so I thought I'd have an attempt at doing one. I cheated a little bit and brought a card making kit (from Paperchase) This contained pre-folded cards, and envelopes to fit. I chose light pink. It also contained a few buttons, beads, and decorative elements.

I thought about putting the light pink cards through the printer, to print the cat illustrations directly onto it. But then I didn't want to jam my printer, so I printed the images on some bright white card. Then cut them out, and affixed to the cards with mini mounting pads.

I then had a bit of creative fun, with some super glue, and a variety of craft bits and pieces I have collected for a 'just in case' reason. I found a reason to use them, so I went about decorating the cards, my theme was pink, and cats. I had a lot of fun with this, and it was good to extend the illustrations into a different medium. I also made quite a bit of a mess.












No comments:

Post a Comment