Tuesday 7 February 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Printing and Display

I took my illustrations and I printed them onto a good quality cartridge paper (A5 Daler Rowney, Fine Grain Cartridge, 160g/m2) I used a Kodak photo printer, It took a few experiments to get the paper type and print settings correct, but I'm now really impressed with the result.

I chose not to use traditional art printing methods, I didn't want my work to be produced in a commercial way, I want it to have a more traditional art feel. I wanted to use the same paper that the images were original drawn onto, but to print them at half size. I'm my opinion smaller is better. I much prefer to treasure something that is tiny and brilliant, than something that is huge and over compensating. I have also chosen to display my work in mount boards, the inside of the mount is 4.5" by 6.5". I chose to brighten up my project, by choosing traditionally folksy coloured mounts. These are by Daler Rowney, and include a  seal grey, dusty rose pink, Wedgwood blue, champagne, tan, and moss green. I think these add another layer of understanding to my project. They conform to the Twee aesthetic I was aiming for.

I will be showing these prints in an exhibition - Shop.Art Private View 10th Feb


Preferred

No comments:

Post a Comment