Tuesday 7 February 2012

Assignment 3 - Facebook

I needed some images to draw from, and because this is a collaborative project, I thought it would be nice to get some images from my friends on Facebook. I posted a status, and I had quite an overwhelming response, this proves that people really do love their cats, and are happy for me to use their images to create some original artwork.

The collaboration is that I will be using other peoples images, It will be a public project. I will upload my illustrations back onto Facebook when I have created them, This will keep a cycle of sharing and working together. Even though I know these people as friends, its interesting to see what type of photographs they send me. I gave basic instructions as a status, and it was on a voluntary basis if anyone wanted to send me their photographs of their cats.

I want to keep this project light hearted and informal, I want personality and openness to be a big part of what I'm trying to do. Using a social network, is a great way of contacting many people that I already know, It is not pressurising like sending emails or letters, and it appeals to peoples better nature. They are on Facebook because they have free time, so they feel they might as well share their cats. Also people really love showing off pictures of their cats on on the internet, I have learnt this through research and partaking in the practice of 'Lolcats'


My Facebook Status


















No comments:

Post a Comment