Tuesday 7 February 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - Cat Illustrations Part 2

Here are my improved images, I have changed small parts using digital manipulation and post production techniques. The main parts that I have edited are the eyes, I wasn't pleased with some of the cats eyes, so I redrew them, scanned, and layered over the original eyes. This is a useful technique as it allows me to change parts without having to draw the entire piece again.

I also culled one of the drawings that I wasn't entirely pleased with.

The main point of these drawings is to examine the use of line in illustration. I have done this practically, I have used traditionalist methods of black ink, in varying line sizes. I have also demonstrated my technical improvements with drawing. I have been able to express a personality through the use of line, and through the use of character and emotion. With cats it has been easy to give them a confused or in different look, as this is how cats naturally look. I wanted to texture my lines to add depth to the flat image, I feel like I have developed this as part of my own style, as well as little cute tricks to make the image more cutesy, such as kisses for noses, and hearts for paw pads.








No comments:

Post a Comment