Tuesday 31 January 2012

Assignments 2 & 3 - First Paper Drawings

My First Drawings,

I suppose everyone has to start somewhere. These are my first drawings on the sketch pad, I did these just before the digital drawings of owls that I posted up as my first post on this blog. I can confidently say, these drawings aren't very good, but they express my ideas in trying to express an illustrated 'cute' animal. They are a mix of pencil and biro, and I drew whatever came to mind. I'm trying to get a grip of my own style, and after three years of doing a Photography degree, its been hard to remember how to draw again.

I seeing how bad these drawings are, makes me feel a bit sad, that I definitely lost the talent that I had when I was younger, the ability to draw, is not like riding a bike (not that I can ride a bike) but you can actually forget it. Having not drawn anything seriously for at least three years, is proof of that. This is a starting point, I can only progress from here.










No comments:

Post a Comment